Monday 30 March 2015

Dance Tek Warriors

This dance is based on a Play Station's game Tekken


In this dance we can see different dance styles as hip hop, contemporary, martial arts and voguing. The dancers pretend to be spiritual warriors. What does spiritual mean? For me it means to relax, to feel what I want, to let all the bad energy go, get a contact with another world. It means reformation, recovery. Being with myself, feeling a peace, also being very focussed and careful.

Tek warriors dance has 7 different sections. Some of the show how spiritual warriors get power, spread  the energy. In the last section warriors lose their powers, they are exhausted.





During our classes we were doing many different exercises. We did duet work, linking with each other, trusting each other, also lifting movements. I think it is really important to develop a trust between two partners as some movements can be risky and both partners need to be sure that they can do it. Also we needed to do as many connections as possible because this dance is mainly about how connected can spiritual warriors be. Sometimes it was hard to keep physical contact all the time when we were exploring new cominations improvising but depending on each other. On the next lesson we were practising to do some supportive work but not using our hands. I found it very challenging. It was easier to keep the partner on my shoulder without using arms. Everyone had different personalities as everyone understands spiritual warriors differently. Spiritual warriors personality can be dominant, peacemaker, brave, timid and determined, focused which is mine. Also we use different dynamics, first it can be fast and then become slow, moves can also be heavy or light, sharp, sudden or fluid, this dance let's a dancer to do what they think is the best and mostly suitable.







As I can see, I really need to work on my face expressions, also my moves should be more sudden and stronger, I should remain really concentrated but make it less noticable. It would be better if I used more different movements in my improvisations, for that I need to check Tekken game to have a bigger range of movements in my head and be able to use them. Dance Tek Warriors requires perfect physicality, so I need to improve my strenghts, muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment